Saturday, September 21, 2013

When It Happens, Susane Colasanti

Susane Colasanti has like the perfect teenage voice. 
At the start of her senior year in high school, Sara wants two things: to get into a top college and to find true love. Tobey also wants two things for his senior year: to win Battle of the Bands and to make Sara fall in love with him. However, a popular jock named Dave moves in on Sara first. But Tobey’s quirky wit and big blue eyes are hard for Sara to ignore. Plus, he gets the little things that matter to her. Can a slacker rock-star wannabe win the heart of a pretty class brain like Sara?
Okay I actually love these stories, they're so sweet. And Susane Colasanti, like I said, has the perfect voice for teenagers. I don't mean her physical voice, but when she writes it's perfect and totally accurate.

Story-wise, this book is kind of the regular teenage romance novel but that doesn't make it any less good! Just to clarify.

The main character is Sara, though I can't remember what her last name is. At least for me, she's a very, very good representation of a teenage girl and how she thinks. Like I said, this is the case for my but obviously there are like, billions of teenage girls around the world and they're not all the same! Also I love her smartness. She's very smart. That's one thing I think people don't get? Girls in high school don't have to be flitty and dumb, they can be smart!

I also love Tobey. He's sarcastic and goofy and I love him. Of course he doesn't try very hard at school, but what can you do? He's Tobey. He's one of those underdog characters that you feel kind of bad for from the start but he makes up for it towards the end!

I know this is a really short review but the next one I'm doing is on Rose Under Fire and I'm just so excited to do that one that I can't think of anything to say in this one! But I do love this book. I got my copy for around $2.00 at GoodWill! Great deal, right? I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment