Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Horn Pattern, Gretta Hines

Terrifying.
Some believe it’s happening because of all the dark things we read. And only the foolish would dare warn others. Something is wrong. Something is very wrong. It’s the horn pattern… It’s here… Like a silent epidemic, it is spreading throughout the globe with its shadowy fingers. It’s a little-known, cryptic thing, but it can and will get anyone. This is just nineteen-year-old Lorissa Vollist’s story.
So I didn't actually finish this story but the parts that I read were very well written. I thought it would be more of oh-no-something-unmentionable happened, but Hines actually described it in detail. That made it so much more scarier. I just saw Insidious 2 in the theater and it didn't scare me as much as this book. I made it, I think, through the first chapter. I think. It's hard to pinpoint the spot exactly when you're reading on a Kindle.

If you're into scary stories, like really scary/disturbing. This is it. It's hard to do truly scary with just words to convey your message, but Hines has done it! Not my cuppa unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment