Sunday, March 3, 2013

Through the Ever Night, Veronica Rossi

Um, it was great, but I don't know what to put here.
It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both. Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder,Can their love survive through the ever night? In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

This book was flippin' fantastic but I don't really know what to say about it. Here's the awkward part: I read this book immediately after the first one (Under the Never Sky), so I don't really know where that one ended and this one began. I have an idea, but I don't really know. 

That doesn't really matter though. 

Here's the setting:

. . . Some time in the future and I have no idea where it's supposed to be. Probably America because that's where like, every book by an American author is set. That's an estimate, I know it's not every author. Obviously. So it's some time in the future and in this time there are storms of Aether (pronounced ee-ther, I kept reading it as ay-thur), in which basically lightning bolts of Aether smash into the ground and light things on fire and destroy things. Woo-hoo.
In spite of these lethal storms of Aether, people survive. There are the people that are stuck in Pods (basically large communities, safe from the Aether under a dome), and then there are outsiders who, obviously, are outside the Pods. This story takes place around one Pod, Reverie, and the outside--a.k.a the Death Shop. People in the Pods are trapped, basically. If they go outside, they will suffocate and die because they can't breathe the air out there. I think that's baloney.
Now that that's over with, we'll move onto the characters. I feel like this review will probably be the shortest in the history of history.

The main character, Aria, is back! Yay! We love her. Well, we loved her more in the first book. Now she's all sappy and in loOoOooOove. Yuck. She's still okay, though. I don't know. I liked her better in the first book, when her and Perry were fighting instead of kissing. it's okay I guess. I'll get over it.

Second character, Perry, is better in this book. I guess his coolness is opposite of Aria. He's still pretty awesome in this book, but with more awesome because he saves like a million people.

Oh my God I have nothing to say! Ah!

Roar is another big character in this book, bigger than he was in the first book. Since I haven't said anything about him I might actually have some adjectives to describe him. Roar is like Perry's older and younger brother at the same time. They're best friends and they just argue and joke around and all this stuff that Perry and Aria don't do anymore. Also, Roar is in love with Perry's sister, Liv, and that whole thing is just adorable. There's a book that was written by Veronica Rossi just to explain Liv and Roar. It's like a prequel to Under the Never Sky, the first book.

Seriously, even though this review sucked, the book was great. I'd say, not as good as the first one, but still really, really good. Go. Read.

Get.
Go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment