Sunday, August 12, 2012

Random Update...

Well. I don't have anything else to do but blow off steam!

Every weekend my family and I go to my grandpa's nursing home-place and have dinner with him. I know, it's oh-so-endearing but I don't want to go today! I'll miss the closing ceremonies! I was hoping to see it streamed-live by NBC because unfortunately I do not live in London and I cannot just bounce over to the Olympic Stadium and watch it myself. Good God.

And, besides, my sister doesn't have to go. I mean everyone agrees she's a pill, but she should still have to go if I do!

So. All in all. I will have missed both the opening and closing ceremonies. What a joke! Seriously. And, One Direction and Ed Sheeran are performing! I cannot miss that! I've only ever seen One Direction through my computer and I've never seen Ed Sheeran perform (albeit I'll be going to his concert on the 26th of September (boo-yah!)).

This sucks. It really does, even if you don't understand my pain, empathize with me! Be on my side!

And to add to it all, I'm pretty much the only kid in my family that has gone to all of these dinners. Except one. But that doesn't count, I'd just gotten my tonsils out and I couldn't help it.

I think that rant is done. Now onto the next. I popped a blister on the inside of my thumb (from mowing the lawn, we have a push-mower). I also just found a blister on my heel, which sucks because I really want to pop that one too but I know deep, deep, deep down that it'll hurt real bad. I also have a scab on my ankle that I want to pick but I've already made it bleed like, four times. So that can't happen.

Next rant. Emmy, if you are reading this, have you found my Sims 3 yet? I kind of want it back. I didn't want to say anything to make you feel bad, but I do want it back... Okay so it wasn't a  rant. But I...

The blister. Oh my God. It's so tempting.

Alright, if you're stressed, I suggest the musical talents of Jack Johnson. I love his songs. Banana Pancakes is probably my favorite song at the moment. I've never actually had banana pancakes, but I feel like I should try them. Yay or nay?

It's decided! Maybe you didn't help (or maybe you did), but I'm definitely going to add that to my bucket list.

To be completely honest, though, I don't have a bucket list. Maybe I should start one.

Okay, we'll give it a shot. Let's just start with five.
1. Get a famous person's signature.
--Actually. I already have one! I have Christopher Paolini's signature (author of the Eragon series). It may not be so impressive, but he's a great author so I suppose it counts. And it's pretty important to me.

2. Have banana pancakes.
--I would say "make" banana pancakes, but I can't cook at all. I really can't. I once almost burned down our house making macaroni and cheese. In the microwave.

3. Get my driver's license.
--First of all, I could have sworn it was spelled 'liscense'. I guess not. But also, I don't know how old any of you think I am, but I'm just turning 15 this October, so don't be surprised I don't have this yet!

4. Get a picture with a famous person.
--I've always wanted one. Seriously. It's been a life goal but I've never put it on any lists. I would like to have a picture with a singer preferably. I've just decided. I'm meeting Ed Sheeran on September 26th, even if I have to sneak onto stage. I'll post pictures.

5. Go to the Olympics.
--I would really love to. Wherever it is. I think the next one is in Russia? Right? I tried looking it up, I got "Winter Olympics... Sochi, Russia..." stuff like that. So I guess it's in Russia. I guess my family could go to Russia.


UPDATE!
I didn't want to make an entire new update. So I'm updating this update!

My parents actually let me stay home to watch the Closing Ceremonies! Thanks poppy! Thanks mom! I think I might have blown the speakers when One Direction came on. They were fantastic! Abso-tutely amazing! And Ed Sheeran? Perf!

Although it wasn't live like I had originally planned, it was still so cool. And so worth the extra ten minutes I took out of my day to argue that I should stay home. I loved everything about it! The Brits are so extravagant with everything they do!

And, good job to Prince Harry for standing up immediately after Lord Sebastian Coe's speech! Perfect timing! I made sure to give him an extra round o' applause.

So! The Closing Ceremonies were everything I hoped for and more! Thanks padres* for letting me stay home!

*Parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment