Thursday, August 16, 2012

Nevermore, James Patterson

THE END. Oh Dear Lord, I don't think I can handle this. 
Maximum Ride and her faithful friends stand ready to face the two greatest threats that humankind has ever known--now combining forces in an unbeatable plot to destroy life as we know it once and for all. And this time, the enemy truly can't be stopped. The danger mounts just as the boy genetically engineered to be her "perfect match", Dylan, has finally worked his way into Max's heart--and just as her beloved Fang unexpectedly returns to the flock. An explosive confrontation between the two boys with a claim to Max's heart ensues, and the entire world hangs in the balance.

In this powerful and moving finale to James Patterson's epic fantasy series, fans will finally get the answers they've been waiting for--and an ending full of shock, surprises, and the greatest conclusion you never saw coming.

It's the end of Max Ride. I can't handle it.

The time is now-whenever and the setting is all over America.

If you haven't read any Maximum Ride books, don't read this review. I'm not making a review for the other seven books, but maybe I will someday. I started this blog after I read those books. Long after. So, don't read this review unless you've read the other books. I recommend reading them all.

So, there are six main characters.

Max,
Fang,
Iggy,
Nudge,
Gazzy,
Angel.
Oh and Dylan. Seven, seven main characters.

I'm pretty sure that's in oldest to youngest, although their ages aren't exact. They are all test-tube babies, literally, created with wings. Real, working wings. Crazy.

So out of those seven, Dylan was created especially to be Max's soul mate.

Er... Max is a girl. Despite the name.

As I was saying--Dylan was created especially created to be Max's soul mate, and they both go along with it (Max is somewhat reluctant) but as soon as Fang (same age as Max) comes back--long story--Max can't handle herself and falls for Fang instead of Dylan. I'm team Fang/Max and not Dylan/Max.

At the beginning--through the middle--of the book, or at the end of the previous book, Angel is dead. Or is she...?

SPOILERS!
She's not.

Alright. Now I will go onto how I feel about the characters! First, they can all heal like... like... random bird kids. I don't know. They can all heal themselves and some of them have special powers that are unique to themselves.

Max! I like her. She's normal... well, except for the wings. I've been told her wingspan is fifteen feet, thanks to Wiki... But I like her attitude. Not flip-your-hair-around attitude, it's just the way she is. She's more socially awkward than anything else and it makes her more normal than you would expect a winged-science-experiment kid to be.

Fang. He's so dark and mysterious and he can actually disappear into surroundings if he stands still long enough. That's his power. Ahh, I love him. He's obviously so in love with Max, but she doesn't get it. I wish she would just shut up and understand what he's saying! That's the only difficult part with him, too. They're both stubborn and they don't listen to anyone but themselves. That's why they split up temporarily.

Iggy, he's blind. Just simply blind. But he's awesome, and I really love him too. He can feel colors, make explosives and he can cook like a madman. He can also hear pretty much everything and he's got a 'sixth-sense' on everything. So he's got about a million other senses past just the regular five. To top it off, he's got a sense of humor. Unlike Max or Fang, he's funny-sarcastic other than just sarcastic.

Nudge! I know I keep saying I love these characters, but I really do. I love Nudge. She's so cute. She's about eleven, I believe, and she's fashion-smart, socially acceptable (minus the wings), and she... er... I can't think of another thing. But she's outspoken and things. By the middle-ish of this book, she wants to take off her wings. Aw, Nudge. No. Nudge can also hack into any computer, but whenever she touches something that has had a lot of sadness around it, she can tell and it makes her sad. Poor Nudge...

Gazzy, or the Gasman. For obvious, smelly reasons. His personal wingspan is ten feet and his DNA is mixed with something like an owl. Also, he builds bombs and other explosives easily with Iggy. He's only eight! Ridiculous. He's really helpful for a lot of things through the whole series. I can't say I would like to hang out with an eight year old, but if I knew him in real life, I'd be impressed. His special power is that he can mimic any voice or sound he's heard. It makes it easier for him to play pranks. He's also related to the next character...

Angel. Gazzy's little sister. She's really creepy to be completely honest. Let's see if I can remember all her talents. She can read and control minds, she has gills (like a fish, yes), she can change shape (although this one isn't mentioned much), and she's actually blind by the end of the eighth (and... last...) book. She's a crazy smart, freaky, weird, telepathic little girl who at one point tries to throw Max--the leader--out of the Flock* and Angel tries to take over. She ends up really scary towards the end of Nevermore and admits to all sorts of stuff that makes her a lot creepier than I originally thought.

Dylan! The seventh member. He's a bit of a hot head. But apparently it evens out with his looks. He's the one that is Max's scientifically created soul mate. He can see really, really far. As somebody said in the book (got this quote from Wiki) he can "see things happening far away, can see people across oceans--maybe even across time". Wild! I don't have much on Dylan. He seems annoying. After being rejected lots of times by Max, he tries to commit suicide at the end of one of the series' books. Drama queen.

Total. I almost forgot Total. He's a flying, talking Scottie! A dog! Adorable. He's got a sense of humor and he hates eating from dog bowls. I believe Angel picked him up in one of the books. He has a crush on another dog, Akila.

Alright, so, I would have cried at the end of the book if it weren't for the fact that I was reading it in my family room with my family around me. I would have bawled. Maybe I'll read it again and the feeling will come. Honestly, it's the end of the entire series. Maximum Ride books are dead. They're finished. And, I still have some questions, so I will have to read the last chapter again. It makes me so sad to think that I'll never read about these characters again. I'll never get angry when Max gets angry, I'll never feel bad when one of the characters gets hurt, I'll never cry when Max cries over Fang, I'll never be annoyed at Dylan for doing something stupid over Max, I'll never laugh when Gazzy and Iggy crack jokes, I'll never smile when Nudge complains about being not-normal, I'll never feel horrible when Angel gets kidnapped (again), I'll never do any of that again! I feel bad for not crying.

I just.. I can't... I need to go read. I can't go any further with this.

*That's what everyone calls their group.

No comments:

Post a Comment